Since George Floyd’s death progress has been made in leaps and bounds, power to the people. In case you missed it the following has occurred:
- All four officers involved in George Floyd’s death have been charged. Derek Chauvin has been charged with second degree murder and divorced by his wife.
- Samira Nasr became the first black editor in chief of Harper’s Bazaar; the magazine has been in publication for over 100 years (153 to be exact).
- All six officers involved in tasing and assaulting black college students (from Spelman and Morehouse) have been arrested.
- Twitter, Nike, and many other businesses will now acknowledge Juneteenth as a holiday. Google also created a banner for the holiday, which is a big, big deal. Last year Davian Chester went viral for doing it himself.
- Tara Duncan is the new president of Freeform (first black woman) and Matt James will be the first black The Bachelor.
- Louisville passed a bill in honor of Breonna Taylor, banning no knock warrants.
- The Supreme Court prevented Trump from ending DACA.
There are so many more changes taking place, this is just the tip of the iceberg. What’s your favorite piece of happy news? Via: Style Collective